Monday, January 1, 2007

About Me

WHAT IS AN EPICUREAN DEALMAKER?
Simply put, an oxymoron. Or at least an anachronism.

Merriam Webster (our heroes, dontcha know) says Greek philosopher Epicurus (Greek Έπίκουρος) (341 BC, Samos – 270 BC, Athens)
subscribed to a hedonistic ethics that considered an imperturbable emotional calm the highest good and whose followers held intellectual pleasures superior to transient sensualism.

Doesn't sound like the typical M&A closing dinner to me ...

COMMENTS AND GOSSIP
Go ahead, send your rants, raves, and scurrilous slander in to the following e-mail address (not clickable). Your Dedicated Bloggist is always looking for amusing anecdotes, juicy gossip, and weighty theoretical tomes to use as material. Just let me know whether you want to be quoted for attribution. (Bad idea, by the way.)


Who knows? One day, I may even let you Dear Readers comment directly on the site. Don't hold your breath, though.

ABOUT ME
THE EPICUREAN DEALMAKER — New York, New York, USA

I facilitate, justify, and advise parties to M&A transactions, when I am not advising against them. I have been doing this for almost two decades, mostly at a couple of big banks everyone has heard of and lately at an independent advisory boutique. I am one of the bad guys, if you like.

I remain anonymous because I enjoy my job, my apartment, and my family, and I would prefer not to give any or all of them up because I have insulted or ridiculed some vengeful member of the Great and Good. This is good for you, Dear Reader, because it means I will continue to insult and ridicule said G&G, which we all acknowledge to be a more amusing pastime than reading The Wall Street Journal stock tables. You are welcome.

Should you see me on the street, however, you will be able to recognize me easily. I am the distinguished looking, well dressed 6'5" gentleman with chiseled abs and gleaming teeth the size of dinner plates. Sorry, ladies: I am not available.

View my complete profile on Blogger.com, if you must. You will find nothing there I have not already told you here.

© 2007 The Epicurean Dealmaker. All rights reserved.